Jerome Lefkowitz, Chairperson
Sheila S. Cole, Member
PERB Draft Minutes
March 1, 2011
Albany, New York
PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairperson
SHEILA S. COLE, Member
Staff: William A. Herbert, Deputy Chair & Counsel
Adrienne Juozokas, Legal Assistant to the Chairman
Mary Messina, Acting Secretary to the Board
Listen to AudioCast of Meeting
- BOARD DISCUSSION - Open Meeting
- Minutes of Board Meeting of February 14, 2011 for approval -- Approved
- Discussion and action regarding Case No. TIA2010-035 - Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority (d/b/a MTA Long Island Bus) & Transport Workers Union Local 252, AFL-CIO -- Pursuant to PERB's Rules of Procedure, §205.15, the Board certified that a voluntary resolution of the contract negotiations between the parties cannot be effected and referred the dispute to a public arbitration panel.
Listen to AudioCast of Oral Argument
- ORAL ARGUMENT was held in Case No. U-29660 - City of Canandaiguaregarding the transfer of some bargaining unit work from paid fire fighters to volunteer fire fighters.
Terry O'Neil, Esq., argued on behalf of the City of Canandaigua in support of its exceptions seeking reversal of a decision by an Administrative Law Judge .
Matthew J. Fusco, Esq., argued on behalf of the Canandaigua Firefighters Local 2098 in opposition to the City of Canandaigua's exceptions.
The Board has requested the parties submit supplemental briefs on a question concerning jurisdiction.
- QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS (Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
- C-6021 - Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & Eastern Suffolk BOCES & United Public Service Employees Union.
- C-6025 - Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & Plainedge Union Free School District & Plainedge Bus Drivers Association.
- C. U-28610 - Superior Officers' Association of the Police Department of the County of Suffolk & County of Suffolk & Suffolk County Deputy Sheriffs Police Benevolent Association, Park Police Unit & Suffolk County Deputy Sheriffs Police Benevolent Association.