Robert S. Hite, Member
Allen C. Demarco, Member
PERB Meeting Agenda & Draft Minutes
April 10, 2017
Albany, New York
PRESENT: ROBERT S. HITE, Member
ALLEN C. DEMARCO, Member
Staff: John F. Wirenius, Chairperson
Sarah G. Coleman, Deputy Chairperson
Kevin Flanigan, Director of Conciliation
David Quinn, Counsel & Director of Litigation
Sheila L. Kennedy, Secretary to the Board
Listen to AudioCast of Meeting - Admission of panel members.
Listen to AudioCast of Meeting - Executive Session, Voting on Agenda Cases.
- Board Discussion (Open Meeting)
- Minutes of January 24, 2017 Board Meeting for approval. -- Approved.
- Report from Director of Conciliation Kevin Flanigan dated April 5, 2017, regarding the following individuals seeking admission to one or more of PERB's neutral panels:
- Mary J. O'Connell, Esq.: Grievance Arbitration Panel.
- Barry J. Peek, Esq.: Mediation and Fact-finding Panel.
- Robert J. Reden, Esq.: Mediation and Fact-finding Panel.
- Timothy S. Taylor, Esq.: Interest Arbitration Panel.
- Executive Session (Discussion Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
- C-6426 - United Public Service Employees Union & Incorporated Village of Williston Park, New York & International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 808.
- C-6430 - Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & Town of Fenton.
- C-6429 - Teamsters Local 118 & Town of Hartsville.
- U-33467 - Scarsdale Uniformed Firefighters Association, Local 1394, IAFF, AFL-CIO & Village of Scarsdale.
- U-32620 - Town of Ulster Policemen's Benevolent Association, Inc., & Town of Ulster.
- U-33773 - Public Employees Federation, AFL-CIO & State of New York (Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance).
- U-32331 - Suffolk County Deputy Sheriffs Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & County of Suffolk and Suffolk County Sheriff's office & Suffolk County Police Benevolent Association, Inc., and Superior Officers Association, Police Department of the County of Suffolk, Inc.
- U-35235 - Merlene Bacchus & District Council 37, AFSCME, AFL-CIO and Local 372 & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
- A2016-132 - City of Watertown & Watertown Professional Firefighters' Association Local 191.
- U-35261 - Catherine Davis & United Federation of Teachers & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
- U-35278 - Brian Burke & New York City Transit Authority.
- U-33421 - Buffalo Professional Firefighters Association, Inc., Local 282, IAFF, AFL-CIO, CLC & City of Buffalo.
- M. IA2014-002 - Ithaca Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & City of Ithaca.
- N. Litigation report given orally by David P. Quinn, Counsel.
- Open Session
- Set date for next Board Meeting.