Jerome Lefkowitz, Chairperson
Sheila S. Cole, Member
PERB Draft Minutes
May 2, 2011
Albany, New York
PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairperson
SHEILA S. COLE, Member
Staff: William A. Herbert, Deputy Chair & Counsel
Richard A. Curreri, Director of Conciliation
Adrienne Juozokas, Legal Assistant to the Chairman
Sheila Talavera, Secretary to the Board
Listen to AudioCast of Meeting
- BOARD DISCUSSION - Open Meeting
- Minutes of Board Meeting of March 1, 2011 for approval -- Approved
- Director of Conciliation Curreri presented his recommendations to admit certain individuals to PERB's neutral panels. Following the presentation by Director Curreri the individuals listed below were approved by the PERB Board for admission to the neutral panels identified:
- Stephen M. Bluth: Public sector Voluntary Grievance and Interest Arbitration panels
- Samuel J. Butto: Fact-Finding and Public sector Voluntary Grievance Arbitration panels
- Ira Cure: Public sector Voluntary Grievance Arbitration panel
- Jerry Fabiano: Pro bono arbitration panel
- Bruce S. Gallagher: Mediation and Fact-Finding panels
- Robert A. Grey: Mediation and Fact-Finding panels
- Sally Klingel: Mediation and Fact-Finding panels
- Ivor R. Moskowitz: Public sector Voluntary Grievance Arbitration panel
- Discussion on the appropriate standards to be applied regarding admission to PERB's private sector arbitration panel -- discussion to continue after information is received from other organizations that administer private sector arbitration panels.
- QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS (Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
- C-6019 - Albany Police Benevolent Association & City of Albany & Albany Police Officers Union, Local 2841, Council 82, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
- C-6024 - United Public Service Employees Union & Mahopac Central School District & Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Putnam County Local 840.
- C-6034 - Teamsters Local 687 & Town of Massena.
- C-6036 - Civil Service Employees Association, Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & Gates Chili Central School District & Gates Chili Custodian, Maintenance and Security Association.
- U-30336 - Majid Zarinfar & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York and United Federation of Teachers.
- U-28996 - Eugenia Pinkard & United Federation of Teachers & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
- U-27331 & U-27568 - Town of Fishkill Police Fraternity, Inc., & Town of Fishkill.
- U-30353 - County of Ontario & Ontario County Sheriff & Ontario County Sheriff's Road Patrol Unit 7850-05, Ontario County Local 835, Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
- U-28429 - Local 237, International Brotherhood of Teamsters & Town of Islip.
- CP-1168 - Patrolman's Benevolent Association of Southampton Town, Inc., & Town of Southampton.
- U-27939 - Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Tioga County Local 854, Tioga County Employees Unit 8850 & County of Tioga.
- U-28693 - County of Orange & Sheriff of Orange County & Orange County Deputy Sheriff's Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & U-28738 - Orange County Deputy Sheriff's Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & County of Orange & Sheriff of Orange County.
- U-29660 - Canandaigua Firefighters, Local 2098 & City of Canandaigua.