Jerome Lefkowitz, Chairman
Sheila S. Cole, Member
PERB Draft Minutes
August 10, 2010
Albany, New York
PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairman
SHEILA S. COLE, Member
Staff: William A. Herbert, Deputy Chair & Counsel
Adrienne Juozokas, Legal Assistant to the Chairman
Sheila Talavera, Secretary to the Board
Daniel Bernstein, Student Intern
Listen to AudioCast
- BOARD DISCUSSION - Open Meeting
- Minutes of Board Meeting of June 1, 2010 for approval -- Approved
- Discussion about Remedial Orders -- The Board clarified its policy with respect to the posting of remedial orders. When the Board issues an order requiring a posting in an improper practice case, the order will state explicitly that the respondent is to post the notice in all physical and electronic locations customarily used to post notices to unit employees.
- Resolution designating Director of Employment Practices and Representation to issue complaints pursuant to Labor Law §706 -- Approved
- QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS - Exempt from Open Meetings Law
- U-29194 - County of Monroe & Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
- U-27706 - Police Benevolent Association of Mount Kisco, New York, Inc., & Village of Mount Kisco.
- U-28160 - New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & State of New York (Department of Correctional Services).
- U-28331 & U-28379 - Town of Wallkill & Town of Wallkill Police Benevolent Association, Inc.
- U-28671 - Ahmed Mustafa Elgalad & United Federation of Teachers, Local 2, AFT, AFL-CIO & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
- U-29858 - Ronald Lefevre & Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1056 and New York City Transit Authority.
- C-5672 & E-2429 - Council of School Supervisors and Administrators, Local 1, AFSA & Brooklyn Excelsior Charter School & Brooklyn Excelsior Charter School and National Heritage Academies, Inc.
- C-5878 - Buffalo United Charter School Education Association, NYSUT/AFT, AFL-CIO & Buffalo United Charter School.C-5805 - Southampton Town Superior Officers Association, Inc., & Town of Southampton.
- C-5805 - Southampton Town Superior Officers Association, Inc., & Town of Southampton.
- C-5913 - United Public Service Employees Union & Springs Union Free School District.
- C-5957 - Tri-Valley Essential Support Staff Association, NYSUT/AFT/NEA/AFL-CIO & Tri-Valley Central School District.
- C-5962 - Town of Catlin Highway Association & Town of Catlin.
- C-5966 - Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW & Mount Vernon City School District.