Jerome Lefkowitz, Chairman
Sheila S. Cole, Member
PERB Draft Minutes
September 21, 2010
Albany, New York
PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairman
SHEILA S. COLE, Member
Staff: William A. Herbert, Deputy Chair & Counsel
Adrienne Juozokas, Legal Assistant to the Chairman
Sheila Talavera, Secretary to the Board
Listen to Open Meeting AudioCast Listen to Oral Argument AudioCast
- Open Meeting
- Minutes of August 10, 2010 Board Meeting approved.
- Board accepted recommendation to discontinue evaluation of PERB database and approach to organizational names.
- Supplemental Board resolution designating the Director of Employment Practices and Representation approved.
- Oral argument was held in cases numbered C-5878 - Buffalo United Charter School and C-5672 and E-2429 - Brooklyn Excelsior Charter School.
Laurence B. Oppenheimer, Esq. argued on behalf of the Brooklyn Excelsior Charter School, Buffalo United Charter School and National Heritage Academies, Inc.
Bruce Bryant, Esq. argued on behalf of the Council of Supervisors and Administrators, Local 1, AFSA.
James P. Sandner (Robert T. Reilly) argued on behalf of the Buffalo United Charter School Education Association, NYSUT/AFT, AFL-CIO.
- Exempt from Open Meetings Law: Board Decisions, Orders and Certifications
- C-5972 - Teamsters Local 294 & Gloversville-Johnstown Joint Sewer Board & United Public Service Employees Union.
- C-5979 - Niagara County Community College Adjuncts Association, NYSUT/AFT, AFL-CIO & Niagara County Community College.
- C-5983 - United Public Service Employees Union & Ridge Fire District.
- C-5965 - United Public Service Employees Union & Town of Islip & Local 237, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- C-5969 - United Public Service Employees Union & Town of Islip & Local 237, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- U-28846 - Rockville Centre Village Employees Civil Service Association, Inc., & Incorporated Village of Rockville Centre.
- U-28160 - New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & State of New York (Department of Correctional Services).
- U-27706 - Police Benevolent Association of Mount Kisco, New York, Inc., & Village of Mount Kisco.